Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyzza
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Affordable Photographer in Ottawa

Alyzza, on October 30, 2021 at 21:19 Posted in Ontario 0 10
I’m looking for an affordable photographer and videographer. So far the most affordable I’ve found for 6 hour photo and video coverage is for $2,800. Getting married in August and would love to save some 💸💸💸

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on November 1, 2021 at 19:58
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Alyzza!!
    You recently moved here?

It’s totally understandable that you’re not ready to pay that much. You can decide if videography is really important. If not, like I did, I removed it from my choice because I do not want a 4 minute video with just clips or videos. I am really into photos and that would work best.
    Also, keep in mind setting out a timeline for your wedding day to include the photographer as they have the different time to come take photos while you get ready, then during the ceremony and reception.
  • Alyzza
    Alyzza ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Tunisha! Unfortunately, I'm not from the area so I am not lucky enough to have connections like you do. That is very helpful though, after looking around, I agree that a lot of great photographers charge $3,000 plus. I'm sure it will be worth it, I'm just not ready to pay that much. I am now booking the said photographer/videographer. Thank you very much!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Alyzza,
    If that’s the price for both photography and videography, that’s great. It’s very tough to find a photographer and videographer for less. I personally find it very expensive in my book when I saw for only photographer that it was about $3,000 plus. Also, videographer charges $2,000 up just to take videos to give you a 4-6 minutes video (I personally find that it’s not worth it). We knew a family photographer that does studio/school/sports photos and he accepted the job to be our wedding photographer (that’s not his specialty) but he takes photos. Hahahaha! He requested $600 for engagement and wedding.

I want to wish you all the best in the decisions of choosing and finding the affordable price for you and your SO. That being said, if the price you mentioned is for both and they have a great portfolio, I would say that’s great!!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't mean to come off agitated. That's not my intention and I apologize if it came off that way.

• Alyzza
    Alyzza ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG! This is not the response I’m expecting. I’m sorry for the vagueness of my post for anyone who was deeply hurt and affected by it. When I say affordable, since I already stated the lowest price I found, then it means it’s a price lower than that! Of course I am aware of the trade off on price and quality. I was hoping this would be a warmer community but you guys sound agitated. Never posting here again. Thank you!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS. I wish whenever people ask for "I need an affordable/cheap vendor" here or on FB groups would actually specify a budget, or at the least what they're looking for. $3000 may sound expensive to someone but if they're offering you two shooters for a 12 hour day + engagement shoot, that's a steal.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, if it's purely pricing that you're after, that is pretty low already. I'm also very skeptical about the quality whenever I see someone advertise such low prices. I'm sure you can find some sketchy photographer and videographer off Kijiji for like $500 each but you really get what you pay for when it comes to photo and video.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Affordable is a relative term though and highly subjective... It would be better to let us know your budget...
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    6 hours for photo AND video for that price? That's amazing... That'd be low for each individually and it's for both? What's the quality like though? You won't find better than that. Photo and video you definitely get what you pay for (for the most part).
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out what WeddingWire has to offer. There's many on this section below Smiley smile

https://www.weddingwire.ca/busc.php?id_grupo=2&id_poblacion=1315168&id_provincia=2052&id_sector=8

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics