Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Advice please

Shaima, on July 24, 2022 at 14:27 Posted in WeddingWire 1 10
We got married on October 2 2021. We wanted a outside of the city wedding and found a venue where the lady had said she was a wedding planner for 10+ plus and we had two options if we went with her. 1 we could just rent the venue which is half outdoor and half in a very large tent and hire florist and music food etc our self or 2 we could get a package with her and because she had been in the business for so long she knew lots of connections. We decided to go with option two because it seems like a great idea.

She was a great sales woman and talked up her skills about making weddings magical and how the makeup artist does magic work and she’s also a hair stylist and she will make sure that it’s the best day and everything we dreamed off.
I went for one makeup and hair trial with her artist and keep in mine we live 3 hrs away from the city where we got married so it made it difficult to keep going back and forth. Once we arrived it was at a house, the lady had a salon in her basement and we began talking about my vision of what I wanted which was half up and half down with large curls and my makeup was a gentle smoky eye with nude lips. The makeup artist well call C informed me that she doesn’t do makeup trials and would only be doing my hair demo I said the wedding planner let’s call her X said that I will be coming today to do both. C told me no I don’t do makeup trials you’ll see on your wedding day it’s gonna be beautiful I was upset because C had a lot of attitude and I was disappointed. During my hair tries C none stop kept telling me that my hair request was not gonna work for my long thick hair and complained about my hair texture and length etc I just stayed quit because that’s me when I’m upset and I let her finish and left.
We met with X a week after and I informed her of my concerns and she said that she has never had anyone complain about C and she was surprised and she will look into her contacts for another option. She did find another option well call her F and F had no time for a demo and X promised she’s amazing and the absolute best at this point we’re 2-3 weeks before my wedding because X turned out to be a last minute planner but we wanted to be positive and believe in her.
The night before my wedding we stopped by the venue to make sure everything is ok and asked X if we could see the place where the ceremony and reception would be she said no I can see it tomorrow the day of my wedding but she’ll show me my bridal suite. I was not happy about that but just agreed to see the bridal suite and called it a day.

The day of my wedding it was pouring rain like crazy so we decided to just have everything in the large tent and we arrived at the bridal suite and met the makeup artist F for the first time she had a attitude because we were 5 mins late because of the rain we drove like old women 🤦🏻‍♀️ I apologized and began telling her my vision for my big day what I wanted my hair to look like and make up etc.
I had my mother and MOH with me and they went to go check out the tent and see what the set up looked like because we had paid for flowers decorations table the whole 9 yards and they came back to tell me at 10:15 am when my wedding is for 1 that there was minimal things set up. Barely any flowers or decorations and looked naked. My mother asked X where all the decorations were and if she needed help X got a bit offended and said I’ve been busy this isn’t the only wedding I’m planning. My mother got pissed off and decided to drive into town which was about 20 mins away and she went to every flower shop and any store with decorations and lights that are on strings and you plug in and came back and spiced up the place to make it seem like effort was put in.

While my poor mother is dealing with all of that my MOH and I began getting my makeup done. I informed F I would like to put my sheet mask on while she does my hair she’s like Uumm what’s that I said oh ok it’s for hydration. The curling iron she pulled out was soooo ok and rusty and I asked for 1-2 inch curls this was like .5 inch very very tight curls and lord she almost emptied a hair spray bottle on my head. My hair was very crispy but I was going to trust the process. She then began on my makeup ( which she asked me to bring my own because she said she’s not gonna touch hers ) she grabbed my foundation and I said oh I have primer she’s like no I don’t use that I said okie sure. She did 2-3 pumps in her bare hands ( I swear on my mother I was shocked ) then she rubbed her hands all over my face I paused and said I have brought brushes and my beauty blender for you to use she replied I kid you no, you were 5 mins and now your gonna give me attitude on how I should do your makeup. I said nothing I was so shocked she rubbed my foundation in grabbed my bronzer I said if your looking for setting powder it’s this one which I handed to her and she’s like no that is to light for you. She rubbed my bronzer with her hands all over my face and then I just gently held her hands took a dee breath and I can’t let you do my makeup I’m sorry. She got pissed off and said your wasting my day. I just got up crying because I was a orange mess with horrible crispy hair. I went to the bathroom and just washed it all off and decided to do my own makeup.
Around 11:30 we were expecting the photographer we’ll call her L she was suppose to take pictures of me and my bridal party getting ready etc.. X comes up and informed us that L didn’t show up and we might not have a photographer. At this point I decided to take a shot of tequila and face this day because It’s not within my control.
12:30-12:45 my guest begin arriving and we had paid and been promised 3 servers to do the appetizers and drinks before the ceremony. At this point I see X leaving in her car and coming back with a young lady that we met to be L. She apologized that she was late and she almost didn’t come because it was raining and she didn’t have a car. I said ok no worries your here now. X walks in and says ok we gotta get ready hurry hurry I said I can’t hurry the photographer just got here I want getting ready pictures.
I walk down the aisle in the rain I didn’t care at this point and we say I do etc…. Then the DJ was suppose to say MR and MRS …. And nothing so we just faced our guest in silence lol when I tell you it was awkward it was very awkward. We hug everyone and turn around and see that our starting salads were on the table already with no announcement that food was starting so we all just walk to our assigned seats and sit. Before we can finish our salads X!!! Walks out in a flannel shirt and ripped jeans with the main meal so I asked her hey what happened to the servers she’s like oh they didn’t show up I said could you at least put on a dressy shirt and a bra she’s like I’m very busy and I have a lot going on. We had requested frank Sinatra while we were eating dinner and this Dj plays 50 cent in da club and everyone paused so my husband walked over to him and said remember what we wanted to play for dinner and he’s like oh I left my notes at home and forgot the USB with the playlist.
At this point I take another tequila shot because it must be a dream. We all dance to random songs this man plays and just try to make the best of my wedding.
Now it’s time for the cake cutting, we had ordered through X a Nutella naked cake. Which she told us the night before it had arrived and looked beautiful. We cut into the cake and I take a bite and taste vanilla so I asked X hey where is the Nutella she said the baker forgot to put Nutella in it. I was like but that’s the cake I ordered. I just took a dee breath and went back to my guest and dancing.

Next day I woke up and I was just sad because all this effort into planning and it felt like X didn’t care and I don’t know where she got her staff from but it was not good and I communicate all this with her and she’s like I don’t understand what you want from me. I said so many things went wrong and you are not taking responsibility for it. My husband said to let it go and I said i will wait for my wedding pictures and hope those are good. 50% of the pictures were dark and when I asked X what happened she said the photographer probably forgot to turn the flash on and the other half was of peoples feet or lights or the table and I said what are these she said that’s art we only had about 15-20 ok photos.
I told her this is the last draw I am so upset and she got mad at me and said I was the only bride that she has ever met that complained about her staff and she kept saying what do you want from me I gave you a amazing wedding day you looked happy. I said this is not fair she’s like fine I’ll refund you $500 but you are the only one that has ever complained and how the makeup artist told her I was difficult.
It’s been 6 months but I can’t look at my wedding photos without being upset or sad. Would I win if I decided to take her to court??
Apologies for this long story.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 26, 2022 at 12:10
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always leave a Google review as well.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Strange she doesn't have a facebook group, I would post it on your local wedding facebook group to watch out for her.

• S
    Shaima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did the review on wedding wire I didn’t see an option to add it to her website. Thank you for your response
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you do the review on wedding wire or directly through the site that you had this experience with? I would add to the actual site. 6\6 no wonder there's not that many reviews. I would contact a lawyer and see what can be done. On a positive note you are married and your husband seems to be happy.

• S
    Shaima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very kind of you thank you. The ceremony is another story , I’m middle eastern and my mother wanted to do a couple of traditions and we had planned it but when we finished saying I do and wanted to start the traditional part she told us we had no time because we were running late because the photographer came late and everything started late.
  • S
    Shaima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you , I’ll contact a lawyer this week. All the reviews are 6/6 and there’s only 6 reviews and I found out that they can’t delete negative reviews because I did put my review on and a few days later it was deleted so I emailed WeddingWire and said that’s not ok etc.. and my review appeared again a few days later.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. However, congratulations on your wedding. Try to think mostly on that positive. I can not believe that you are the only bride that has ever complained. As a bride you expect one or two hiccups on your day but this just seems like everything went wrong in some way!. You didn't mention the ceremony so I'm hoping that at least went well. I would definitely leave a review for her and I would contact a lawyer to see what they think you could realistically do about it. The person should not be in business it sounds like. If you ever do a big anniversary party (as a makeup) I hope it's everything you want. Good luck.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would speak to a lawyer and make sure that everything is written down, contracts and emails, photos and see if you would have a case. Only way you'll be able to move on. Even with the flash off they should be editing the photos to make them look nice. I am so sorry this happened to you. I would write a review and see if there's any other brides who went through this exact situation with this venue. Good luck!

• S
    Shaima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much , yes I have photo evidence and a lot of witnesses and a lot of text messages back and forth discussing all the issues.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could win your case if your documents are provided with sufficient evidence and photos. Witnesses are also a great source to bring as well to support your case.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics