Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2021 Ontario

Advice and comments needed- feeling depressed before wedding

Angie, on April 20, 2021 at 12:46 Posted in WeddingWire 0 2

Hi everyone,

So I am starting to become concerned for my mental health. Our weding is set for second week of May. During this whole process I have been so so flexible. We postponed once already from last fall, and we are determined to keep our new date no matter what .. this has been our mindset and still is.

I planend for the worst which was "grey lockdown zone" and was open to anything. It made me so so happy when restrictions for grey lockdown zone on outdoor patios were eased, as muy reception was supposed to be outdoors. Then they annoucned the lockdown.. dealt with that, cried, replanned.. etc. THEN they announced the stay at home order... but i was atleast still happy my church was 15% capacity and alot of people could be at that part which is the most important to us anyways... NOW we even got that taken away and its just ten people which doesnt even include our entire bridal party, or our brother in laws...

I fee so defeated. Everytime I think i planned for the new scenario and come to terms with it, something even worse gets announced. Its gotten to the point where my mental health is suffering. I dont know what to do or how to deal.

I know we are still getting married that day with our immediate families in the church, we are still dressing up, etc and we are very against doing a party later. I was fine with everything but now that i got the church 15% capacity taken away i find myself spiriling. I even tried to move it up to this upcoming weekend because i just need to do it and stop feeling this way leading up to it, but we decided to just wait until our date since its a few weeks away anyways.

I want to feel happy leading up to my wedding in these next 2 weeks but with all these curveballs, especially right before, i feel exhausted and i wake up feeling anxious, with nervous pit in my stomach all day... and theres not even a specific reason why.

Does anyone else feel this way?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on May 14, 2021 at 12:04
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Angie, how have you been feeling? Who have you been able to talk to about your feelings and plans? I do want you to read a few of these articles and make sure you're talking to someone trusted in your life about how you're feeling Smiley heart

How to Take Care of Your Mental Health While Wedding Planning

Your Guide to Wedding Planning During the COVID-19 Pandemic

9 Signs You Need a Wedding-Planning Pause

• R
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Rosemary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Angie,

Certainly understand how you are feeling. At this point with the stay at home order plus how your mental health is suffering I would just postpone it again. Many of us have postponed multiple times already too. It sounds like you would be quite happy with a small (but still bigger than immediate family) wedding, which you will quite likely be able to have by summer. I think you will be sad if you go ahead with it and the strictest restrictions are lifted a month or so later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics