Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maya
Expert January 2019 Alberta

Advice about wedding ceremony

Maya, on June 17, 2018 at 17:06 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11
I grew up in a single parent family and my mom is a very important part of my life and she will be walking down the isle with me. I only grew up with my one brother and I asked him to walk with me as well. My relationship with my dad has been improving over the last year and I also want to include him in my walk down the isle. Not sure how best to do this, I was thinking of having my mom and brother on one side and my dad on the other. I’m open to other suggestions.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on June 20, 2018 at 10:13
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the idea of having each family member walk you down the aisle in stages. If you did your brother then your mom, your brother can walk your mom down the rest of the way and then your dad and walk you down to your FH!

• Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Erin Smiley smile
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I might do for a bit, but because my mom and brother are so important to me I’m not going to walk the full way with my dad. He hasn’t been in my life as much as them. A year ago I wasn’t even thinking of including him to walk me down the isle. So that’s why now I’m looking at ideas to not disclude someone.
  • Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

An idea would be mother and brother to hold arms and you hold arms with your dad and you all walk down together?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is a lovely idea in any way you configure it!

• Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Another great idea Smiley smile I think maybe if my mom and brother walk me half way I could get my brother then to walk my mom the rest of the way and let my dad do the last bit.
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Why don’t they all line up on one side and walk you down a quarter each down the Aisle?
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the idea Smiley smile that’s something I’ve never thought of before Smiley smile
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m getting married in a place that I can make the isle as big as I want so that won’t be a problem. It’s important for me to have them with me. I just don’t know if there is a better way to have them ordered or to have my mom walk in front of me. Just looking for some ideas.
  • Joyann
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about your mom and brother walk you half way and then your dad takes over, or vice versa? That would be unique and honours them all. Or alternatively, maybe your dad can do a special reading.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's lovely to want to have all of them walk you down the aisle, but I would be wary of how big the aisle is! Most weddings I've gone to, it's been a tight squeeze with 2 or 3 people at most.

Could there be other ways you can honour them for the wedding, such as a special dance, asking them to do a reading (or poem if not religious), or do a speech?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics