Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

a week and a half as a Wife !

Jessica, on September 25, 2018 at 09:33 Posted in Just married 0 20

It is so hard to believe we got married over a week ago now !!

It is true what they say, the day goes by fast . I remember My husband and i had decided before the wedding that we would make sure we did take some time to ourselves during the reception. It was the one piece of advice i read and heard over and over from people and that was one thing that i knew i wanted to make sure we did. It was really worth it. Every 15 minutes i would be standing there in awe trying to think about how it was real. It was all such a blur . So my husband and i sat down away from the crowd for about a half hour almost and just talked about the day and laughed about the drunk guests and just tried to take it all in.

The day after the wedding we left for a week getaway to Huntsville and it was perfect just to spend that time together doing the things we love. Now its back to reality and i wish i could do it all over again... which is strange because before the wedding i just wanted it to be "over with already"!

I am dying to get our wedding pictures back because i know our photographer got some really really cool shots ! ** another piece of advice im glad i took was i made sure to have my bridesmaids or groomsmen take a few pictures of everything on my phone during pictures and reception so i have something to look back on until my professional ones come in !

There were obviously a couple small details that didnt go as planned but over all we enjoyed the wedding of our dreams and i got to marry my best friend and thats all that matters !

From my phone a week and a half as a Wife ! 1

from my phone 2 a week and a half as a Wife ! 2from my phone 3 a week and a half as a Wife ! 3

20 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 5, 2018 at 11:59
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Your pictures are beautiful!

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love your pictures! The scenery is beautiful.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Beautiful photos!!!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, beautiful pictures! congratulations Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think my friend who got married in August put it best - the day-to-day feels the same, it's fun and surreal to say "my husband" now, and it's just added a sense of solidified security (not that I needed it or thought he would leave... but leaving now is a ton more complicated/ expensive than before).

Wishing you and your hubs all the best! Smiley heart

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's pretty surreal ! It feels different but also not at the same time ! I've also been with mine 6 years as of our wedding date ! Congratulations to you as well !! 😁
  • Melissa
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations girl! We're wedding-twins - same date and same colour scheme! Doesn't it feel incredible to finally be hitched?! (I've been with my now hubby for 6 years this Feb).

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You look amazing!! And that pic with the cigar is great! I will definitely keep in mind to have people take pictures on my phone for me Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Great advice on having someone in the wedding party have your phone for pictures.

I love the idea of this!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! Great photos!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You dress is amaaaazing! Congratulations!!! We are definitely taking our 15-30 minutes to ourselves as well... Our ceremony goes directly to our reception upstairs, so we'll give guests time to find their way up there and get settled, then make an entrance. It's the perfect excuse to have time to ourselves.

We also leave on our honeymoon straight from the reception... we are so excited to have 13 days to de-compress as husband and wife!!!

Love these photos... If this is cell phone camera quality, I can only imagine what your professional shots will look like!!! eee!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your blush dress, congratulations!

We are definitely following your advice of taking 1/2 an hour to step back and take it all in. My FH is an introvert and will definitely need a break from being in the spotlight.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the balloon idea!

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful! I can't wait to see more photos.

Congratulations to the two of you.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!! You look stunning and your dress is gorgeous!! everyone looks like they had a great time! I am so glad that making sure to take some time alone for just you and your hubby helped! 3 days to go until my big day and I plan on doing the same!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Your advice is really good and I'm going to try to do these too on my wedding day!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stunning! If that's what was captured on your phone, your photographer should have amazing pictures!!! Great piece of advice, though - I'll definitely be asking ours to do the same thing!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much !!! And you are welcome ! Those were the best two piece of advice I got and both of them looking back we're so important to me ! So If anything take some pictures on your phone and take even 10 minutes with your new husband to take it all in !!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also congratulations! I’m so glad your day was wonderful and thanks for the helpful advice!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your pictures are beautiful! You look amazing! Your dress is incredible!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics