Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
VIP November 2019 British Columbia

A Song to Your Sweetheart

Alexandra, on February 23, 2019 at 03:20 Posted in WeddingWire 0 15
Hello lovelies!

I’m personally an absolute sap when it comes to a good love song and I have a habit of getting really into them and really feeling the emotions. And there’s certain songs I can’t help but listen too without thinking of my fiancé. My question to you lot is: What song makes you think of your future spouse every time you hear it?

For me it’s actually Call it What You Want by Taylor Swift because the song was released as a single about the same time we got engaged and I can’t help but think of my fiancé when it plays.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on February 25, 2019 at 14:08
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ed Sheeran is the reason my fiancé and I started talking and became friends so I have to agree with that. We can only repay him by how we’ve paid to see him; together twice and on our own each too 😂
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our song (and our first dance song) is L.O.V.E. by Kendrick Lamar and whenever I hear it I bawl my eyes out. But I also get super emotional just thinking about "Adore" by Amy Shark (we're definitely playing that one too, and I just hope the waterproof mascara holds up!)

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are way too many for me to list! Say you won't let go is a big one for us and almost any Ed Sheeran song.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ah right now every song I’m considering for our first dance song makes me get all gushy and think about my FH lol. It’s too difficult to even list all of them lol.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As choosing songs for final choices, we both had to sit down and played a few songs that I thought would be suitable. They were declined to some reason he didn't like it for. More songs were listened to and came upon a popular song that has been heard many times and that was finalized Truly Deeply Madly by Savage Garden. That is our song whenever its played or heard.

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    From this moment - Shania Twain. Says everything I feel about my hubby to be. It will ge our first dance. I'm coming down the aisle to bagpipes and it winr likely be a typical wedding song but it will make my heart happy.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting, The Midway State - Atlantic, and Simple Plan - Jet Lag all remind me of my FH. We were long distance for a long time and would send each other these songs.

The first time I heard Unguarded Moments by The Proclaimers 10 years ago, I knew it would be our first dance song. We weren't even officially dating yet, but I knew I would marry him and it would be our first dance song (and it will be!).

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Then - Brad Paisley (our first song, first date, first concert, he used to sing it to me when we started dating) his cousin used it at her wedding as they’re first dance lol

Perfect - Ed Sheeran

Those are the first two to come into my mind!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the songs that makes me think about my FH every-time is Green Light by Lorde. I met my FH while dating another guy, and we really hit it off. My ex and I got into a fight about it and we eventually broke it off. Once my FH found out I was single (and warned to stay away from me because I'm a heartbreaker) he decided that was the "green light" to ask me out.

Another one is Other Side by Jason Derulo because we were friends before we started to date and we became lovers.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Baby, I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton ("our" song and first dance!)

Best I Ever Hard - Drake

...now for the funny one : Back That Azz Up - Juvenile ; The song came on one time on a random playlist and it just stuck.

• Ashley
    Beginner August 2021 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thinking out loud -Ed sheeran
    Perfect- Ed Sheeran
    Speechless -Dan and Shay
    These are all songs we've cried too when we heard them for the first time in the car! We always sing to them every time they come on!
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yours - Russell Dickerson has been making me cry since I first heard it. It's my special song for my FH. But Rainbow Connection (yes, the one song by Kermit) reminds me of my FH too lol
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Phil Collins, I can feel it in the air 2nite. It seems to playing on the radio everything something important is happening. We will dance to it at our Wedding. When you say nothing at all makes me tear up! Our Wedding song I've known since the moment I heard it. Christina Perri & Steve Krauze - 1000 Years 👰🤴 We will sign with the Officiant to Turning Pages from Twlight. Those songs make me think of him. My FH is having the song "some kind of wonderful " dedicated to me at our Wedding. When he told me that this song has reminded him of me since we met, it means so much to me! He actually asked me if it was ok if he did this? Still makes me tear up!
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lazy Eye- Silversun Pickups. When we first started dating he bought us tickets to the show- which was monthhhsss away still. Showed me he was serious about the relationship and thought we would still be together then! Also considering he didn't hardly know them at that time.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    John Legend - All of Me. This was the first song we ever slow danced too and it's so special to me Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics