Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Expert September 2020 Quebec

A song to walk down the aisle and back.

Shannon, on December 7, 2019 at 15:18 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 21

Hi guys so im currently on you tube checking for songs. I thought Id ask your options.

I like the idea of instrumental. He likes classic rock, I like r&b, motown, we both like country and the top 20 charts. A little bit of everything these days...lol

Also for the ones already married, may I ask what songs you went with? How did it turn out? as exspected. Would you do something different if you had the chance?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on December 21, 2019 at 21:53
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Ashley Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pick ur guys two fav songs!! or pick a song that was ur parents song or something!!

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your very welcome
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Dawn,

What a beautiful song. I like the idea of the song going with the venue.

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using the same song both up and down the aisle. We are using from the ground up by Kelsey and Caleb grimm. As we are getting married on my family farm of a 109 years. So this song goes with that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNukhidIAE
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Mellisa

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a few songs in mind. My FH and I agreed we want violin covers with no lyrics. The song for the wedding party to walk down to is closer by the chainsmokers. I will walk down to Can't help falling in love with you by Elvis. Then we want to play young dumb and broke as we walk out.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelly that sounds so beautiful and just perfect. Thank you for sharing your story. Smiley heart

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our friend sing for our ceremony. She just had her guitar and her voice, and it was so beautiful and special!

We wanted to make sure that whatever we chose, she was comfortable playing/learning. It had to be something that fit her vibe as a singer, and also, we didn't want to make her learn anything she hated. There were 2 songs that we initially picked that we had to re-work, which I'm so glad we did because the song we landed on was 1000% better. I'm SO thrilled with the music we chose. If I have any regrets, is that we didn't have a videographer to film it all.

For the wedding party and my husband walking down the aisle, she played nothing can change this love by Sam Cooke

For me walking down, we had a slowed down version of I've just seen a face by The Beatles

Signing the marriage license, she played the book of love by Peter Gabriel

And for the recessional she played one love by Bob Marley.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Vinod. Good idea.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see you two have different choices and the way I would see this solution is by putting your favourite songs as a mash up to create that perfect flow to walk down and walking back once married.

Take the instrumental music portion for the aisle walk to make it special to you both as he will appreciate the thought of you thinking of him. The same way to walk down when married with full songs that will be to you both and mixed just perfect to your styles.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! Good luck finding your songs!

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love hootie and the blow fish too. Thank you for the tips.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Tori. Seems I have a few songs I have to pick out. I did ask FH and he picked our first dance song. Maybe I can get him to choose more. I started to listen to top 10s on you tube but nothing yet.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I walked down to Lover by Taylor Swift - and it was perfect. It just matches perfectly to how we love each other and even for how long too (3 summers)!

He walked down to I've Got The World On A String by Frank Sinatra and I mean... he liked it? I wanted him to walk down to Whatta Man by Salt n Pepa...

The wedding party walked down the aisle to First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes and it was perfect.

And then we all walked back to Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) by Stevie Wonder which was the perfect pick me up!

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah kk.....lol thats make much more sense.

Thank you

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Search “vitamin string quartet” on youtube. They have their albums on Apple Music if that’s helpful
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How do I search this online? I typed in vitamin but nothing of the sorts comes up.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you I will take a look.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I walked down to an acoustic version of Despacito - which is my DH's favourite song. The bridesmaids walked down to an instrumental version of the same song.

I agree with Genevieve, check out vitamin string quartet. They have 2 wedding albums, along with other albums with top hits of each year.

We walked to Hold my Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out the vitamin string quartet. They do instrumental covers of all sorts of songs. They also have 2 wedding albums with covers to choose from.
    I want The Loxian Gate by Enya for me because it’s sort of a nod to my heritage but also sounds like an entrance song to a medieval or unseelie court

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics