Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Newbie May 2018 Ontario

A little non-traditional

Samantha, on March 27, 2017 at 13:57 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

Hello,

So my FH and I are thinking of having a small wedding, and we are thinking of not having any grooms men or bridemaids. Is this a good or bad idea? We have people we could ask, just not sure if we have to or can we do just the two of us standing up there.

Another option would be just our parents standing with us. Would that be good or bad? To throw a rock into the pool, his parents are divorced and he dad is re-married. So would we have all three on his side and just my parents on mine?

I would love any feedback and thank you so much for everything.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 13:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do the 2 of you only od you're happy with rhe decision. Wedding party doesn't have to be included.
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Maegan! I appreciate it!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with having no bridal party... Makes it much easier and simplier for you to plan!

I also really like the idea of having all of your parents stand with you if that is important to you. I don't think it matters that the numbers are uneven, but more would depend on what the dynamic between his divorced parents is like. If they don't get along at all it may be a bit weird, but if they get along (my divorced partents get along even though my mom is remarried and I am hoping both my mom and dad will walk me down the isle together) then I see absolutely no issue with it. I think it would be very sweet to include them.

Totally your call though Smiley smile

• N
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having anyone stand with us either and will just have family sign. We wanted to have a smaller wedding and more private ceremony. We are having just close family (our children, parents, siblings) at the ceremony and then will have a reception to follow with close family and friends. Around 50 people. We debated having people stand with us as that's tradition but we are going to do it the way we want. Don't worry about tradition
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone on the feedback. It is helping for sure Smiley smile

• Samantha
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you I appreciate it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with what has been said. If you just want it to be the two of you up there then that is fine as long as there are signing witnesses. As Lynz said though if there is someone you cannot imagine not being there ask them. As long as you are happy at your wedding and it reflects your style and personality then you are doing great!

• Emma
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am just having my close cousin be my maid of honor and he is having a close friend for the best man and that's it. He thought about asking his dad to be his best man but that would be not fair to his mom. His parents would be happier sitting and watching us together then standing a part. It's all personal preference good luck 😊
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey. We decided to not have a bridal party and just have one sister each to sign as the witness. We will call them up when its time. They will not be responsible for dressing up or matching or doing anything related to the wedding other than a signature...we wanted our guests to be just that, guests who celebrate with us!! If you want to do just the two of you do not feel obligated to have anyone stand with you...but if there is honestly someone you cannot imagine not standing up by your side include them...and remember there is no rules that a bridal party has to be uniform or equal!! Weddings are about individuality, so do what makes you happy!! All the best to you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics