Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Master October 2019 Ontario

2nd Bouquet for toss?

Casey, on September 13, 2018 at 15:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

So I know some ladies get 2 garters so they can keep one and toss one. Has anyone ever done this for their bouquet, or thought of doing it?

If I am spending a good amount on my bouquet, I would love to keep it and put it into a shadow box for display and not toss it.

Any thoughts on doing a second bouquet, and if you would just get a smaller one to toss? fake flowers? I need help!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on September 14, 2018 at 13:17
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lots of people do the 2 bouquets. and the toss bouquet will have same flowers as your bouquet, but be signifincatly smaller and cheaper.

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just use one of your bridesmaids... why spend more money
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your doing real flowers talk to your florist (unless your doing diy). They will usually make you a smaller vs of our bouquet and it’s either included in the price or a small additional fee ($20-40).
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She actually may not be allowed to take it (international flights with plant life). Also I wouldn't want to travel 24 hours with a bouquet aha. I would double check with her but it is probably your best option.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have real flowers for my bouquet and will get a toss one with fake silk flowers. It'll look similar so guests probably won't notice.

• Gallia
    Curious October 2018 British Columbia
    Gallia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My florist included a throw away one for free. I would ask them!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this is a good idea too. My sister is my MOH and travelling from Australia, I doubt she will be bringing back the bouquet!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm tossing one of my bridesmaids bouquets. They aren't as sentimental about it... honestly both my sisters said I could use either of theirs. It will be the same as mine, just smaller.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most people get a toss bouquet so they can keep their original one! I’ve only ever seen them made with fake flowers and you can get them at lots of stores already made! At least of the fake the flowers won’t break apart if it hits the floor or ladies pull on it lol. You definitely don’t want to be tossing your gorgeous bouquet!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmmm well now I'm thinking of it!

Seeing as how I will be doing fake flowers I definitely would be able to but I like the idea of making it smaller - and the guests don't even have to know!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics