Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

2022 weddings...

Elizabeth, on February 3, 2021 at 11:06 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Hey everyone! With the pandemic in Ontario being so unpredictable, how are we feeling about weddings in 2022? My wedding is July 9 2022 and I’m sorta getting the nerves about it. I know it’s a year and a half away, things with the pandemic can change, but I’m the type of person who needs to get things organized and going. I told my fiancé that we should do a plan A and B just in case things aren’t going smoothly, including guest list. We have about 210 guests and we’ve decided to send out save the date cards later on in the year with our original guest count.

Everything is so up in the air in Ontario that I just don’t know what to do 😣

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sherisse, on February 24, 2021 at 20:10
  • Sherisse
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Elizabeth, I feel the same way! Everything is so uncertain! I am also in Ontario ( Toronto to be specific). At first I thought everything was going to calm down this summer but with the different variants and Toronto in constant grey zone or lockdown. I've been get nervous :/ , we set our date for July 3rd 2022, and booked our venue with a deposit! Luckily all our vendors are being courteous and don't asking for payment until 30 days before the wedding.

Although I have no problem wearing a mask and social distancing in my everyday life; I don't want that for my wedding! I'd rather no wear a mask on my wedding day so we are looking at elopements are our plan b!

Hopefully it doesn't coming to that and we can celebrate the way we want too! Best of luck during this hectic time Smiley heart

xo

sherisse

• fossa
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    fossa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've only just started our planning (okay, who am I kidding, I've been planning for years even pre-engagement!) and we have a Plan A and Plan C for the potential impacts of COVID-19 continuing into the year. So far, both plans are in 2022.

I hate to imagine what all of the Ontario couples have been through this past year and continuing into the next. We've been lucky to have become engaged during the pandemic and realized our plans have to accommodate the uncertainty and limitations of our new world. I can only empathize with those who are rescheduling for the first, second, third... or potentially more times.

2022 is looking better. I would still plan a backup and we've safeguarded our guest list as much as we can by keeping it to 50 and considering venues that can host this few.

Best of luck for July! I'm sure your wedding will be full of love and beautiful no matter how you are able to celebrate! Here's hoping it's as close to your vision as possible and COVID-19 is a distant memory!

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh god - we just decided to postpone from June 2021 with high hopes that Summer 2022 will be just fine and now I wonder what is the point - this could go on for years!

• Amber
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are also planning for 2022! And I am also feeling the jitters... I really hope beyond hope that things are back to "normal." I personally will not go ahead with a wedding if we still require masks... I'm not wearing a mask on my wedding day. Every other day in public, at work, etc, yes I wear one and don't complain about it because it's what we have to do, but I just can't imagine getting married in one... especially with the issues wearing one over makeup causes with my skin (I have super sensitive skin and have pretty much stopped wearing makeup when I go out because I have to put a mask over top and break out like crazy as a result!) I am hoping since we live in Northern Ontario, where covid case numbers have been far less than in most other regions, that if there are still restrictions in 2022 then they will still be a little more relaxed here like they have mostly been throughout the pandemic so far. Honestly, I would probably cancel and reschedule our wedding if there are still a ton of restrictions and mandatory mask wearing still going on. We've thought about trimming our list down and having a micro wedding, but at around 130 close friends and family it is hard to trim it down much more. I just really hope that vendors will still be flexible. We haven't booked our venue yet, but we are going on a venue tour next week and have our hearts set one place already and for booking in July 2022, but I haven't asked about covid flexibility yet. One caterer mentioned their services are totally 100% refundable if related to covid... so that was a good sign. It might not be the one we go with, but I'm hoping others are just as flexible.

• Sarah
    Newbie May 2022 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Elizabeth! I'm getting married on May 28 2022 (I'm however located in Quebec) and like you I've been getting more and more nervous about Covid and wanting to know what other 2022 brides are thinking..! For now, my fiancé and I are still planning as if by then the restrictions will be over and we're assuming we'll be able to have our 180 guests. This might be naive of us, but we're keeping positive and hoping the vaccination campaign progresses as planned and that we'll all be vaccinated by this time next year. For now we only booked our venue and photographer + videographer and will wait in a few months when we have a better idea of how the situation is evolving to send the save the dates and book the rest, and if necessary we will consider a plan B then!

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Elizabeth! I feel the same way. My wedding is July 31 2022 and initially I thought mid 2022 is pretty safe but with the new covid variants and shortage in vaccines I'm not sure whether my plan A or even plan B wedding will go ahead. My fiance is from the UK and so all of his family and friends are flying over for the wedding, so a bit hard to have a plan C. Worse comes to worse, we will probably get married on July 31 anyway and just do an elopement. I don't really want to put our lives on hold as it appears this pandemic is likely going to last a while. :-( Feeling a bit discouraged to plan.

I think you've got the right idea waiting to send out save the dates later in the year, just in case you have to cut down the guestlist and you can avoid those awkward "hey.....you can't come anymore" conversations!

Fingers crossed things get better! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics