Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
VIP April 2017 Ontario

2 more centerpieces down!

Valerie, on March 6, 2017 at 09:11 Posted in DIY 0 28

Making my last few centerpieces has been ... slow going. 2 were FH's job (and he's procrastinated BIG TIME) and 1 I had to trial and error my way through so I keep putting it aside for a bit when something didn't work. WELL... FH finally finished one of his this weekend and I got around to (mostly) finishing my last one!

The first is from a game called Love Letter and we just changed the characters to make them wedding related and then had to do MANY test runs to get the cards to print right (I forgot to take a pick of the backs, but they look awesome and have our names and wedding date). I just need to laminate them (so spills won't ruin them) and they are good to go! It printed amazing and FH did a GREAT job with it!! (though I still had to do all the printing and cutting, lol)

Our Wedding Love Letter Game

Our Wedding Love Letter Game

Next is my Connect 4 board! Took me FOREVER to get everything lined up with the holes but I love how it turned out! Now I just need to paint all the checker pieces to the wedding colours and it is FINISHED!!

Custom Connect 4

Custom Connect 4

I also finished up some cute boxes for decoration. The "Film" box will have extra film cartridges for the Poloroid camera guest book, and the "Batteries" box will have extra batteries for the Wii-motes at the Mario Kart station. I found out that I can download fonts and cut them with my Cricut for free, so I was REALLY excited to test that out! I didn't really want ANOTHER sign saying what was in the box, so I'm really happy that I could just cut and words right on the boxes! (and I am loving this font!)

Boxes

Boxes

28 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on April 3, 2018 at 18:13
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm so sorry for asking Valerie! Normally I wouldn't but I fell in love! I had no idea we were not allowed to share. I will try it out myself at some point. Can I just ask what kind of paint you used?
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry Cindy, I'd love to help but helping people in the real world with projects and templates got me banned from direct messaging on this site... so ya... sorry but can't help, I would have no way of sending you the file. Best of luck in your planning

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my goodness! I love the Connect 4. Are you willing to share the cricut file, if it's possible??
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These all turned out so well! Great work!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no, too much work to make 10 or 11! 1 has been taxing enough lol. No I have a different game at every table. The rule will be that if they want to take the game hope they have to win it by playing the game with table mates. Aww thanks!! I'll have to look into it when the wedding is over. Or I'll have to start taking private commissions haha
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahah show it all off as much as you'd like!!! I can't get over your Connect 4! Are you making one for each table? People will be very surprised and impressed... and most likely will fight over them, it's truly incredible! Smiley winking Hahaha You could seriously start your own shop, people (me) would be scrambling to get your stuff!! lol

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha ha yeah I know my basement looks like it threw up a wedding lol

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me too! I try and envision it all together, but I can't wait to actually SEE it all!!!! (and not just in boxes around my house)

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SOunds great I am really looking forward to seeing all your wedding photos and seeing everything come together !!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll chat post (my) wedding... see what we can do Smiley winking

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

yes yes yes .. it is amazeballs !!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHAHAHA the meticulous painting would not be worth it in a shop. But you MIGHT be able to persuade me to make one for you Smiley winking

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seriously Val open your own Etsy shop!!!!!! I want a connect 4 !!!!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks! I changed the rules to read "get your well wishes to the bride" instead of the original "get your love letter to the princess". Going to go to a local game shop and buy the Broken Token version of the hearts (aka the "tokens of affection"), they look awesome and still work in the context of the game Smiley laugh

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love how the Connect 4 came out! Def one of my fave centerpieces you made! I can't wait to play your version of Love Letter! So awesome!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Lesley!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are so great Valerie! So creative and fun

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can see why! Well congrats cuz it turned out great! All of it!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww thank you! It's so nice to be able to show it off on here because I can't show anyone else (want them to be surprised), I get so excited to finally finish these things Smiley xd

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Painted an old Connect 4 game then measured the inside (so I knew how big to make it) and used my Cricut to design all the hearts and font and what not. Then just did a BUNCH of trials and adjusted the location of the hearts and text until it all lined up with the holes (took about 6 or 7 tries). Then I hot glued the cardstock cut out onto the board (and got rid of all the stupid glue strings that showed through)! Now I need to paint all the pieces to be the wedding colours and it will be DONE! Definitely one of my more time consumming projects

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Holy moly!!! You are so creative and talented!!! Super duper impressed with both of your work!!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya that's way too much! How did you do it anyways?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you, I got the idea from Etsy, but they wanted like $120 +shipping, and that just wasn't happening

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the connect 4! That is creative!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics