'Ottawa', Ontario · From July 2019

Happily married 🎉

December 31, 2020

509days 18hrs

Discussions

Melanie
Menu cards
Melanie, On May 19, 2022 at 19:24

Our caterer will be serving dinner buffet style. Are menu cards necessary? Or will signage at the buffet table stating what is what be enough?

Alyx, monday 23-May-22 10
Jowell
Menu rsvp via weddingwire
Jowell, On May 16, 2022 at 21:38

I have two starter options and three main options The website seems to only allow for one choice for entree Is there any way to do another section for starters?

JamespofCI, friday 20-May-22 3
Marianne
Gap a few hours between ceremony and reception?
Marianne, On May 12, 2022 at 09:56

Hi there! As like many of you out there, I'm currently planning for my wedding and looking to get opinions about having a gap-time between the ceremony and reception. A little background, I'm Filipino...

Vinod, thursday 19-May-22 11
Rebecca
hanging pampas
Rebecca, On May 10, 2022 at 02:12

Anyone buying or making a hanging pampas display or a floor display of pampas and dried flowers?

Carmel, wednesday 11-May-22 3
Melissa
Plus ones
Melissa, On May 11, 2022 at 14:08

Hello everyone! Just looking for an opinion on giving guests a “plus one”. For those who are single or don’t have a long term significant other is it still etiquette to provide them with a plus one?...

Vinod, thursday 19-May-22 24
Kelly
Wedding Website Pictures
Kelly, On May 6, 2022 at 10:59

I thought about just using the wedding wire website, but my pictures upload terribly! Is there a specific way to adjust the pictures to fit on the template? Every time I upload a different one it just...

Jessica, monday 9-May-22 10
Carine
Registry Input.
Carine, On May 6, 2022 at 08:35

When do you add your registry with your RSVP or do you do the registry for the bridal shower only?

Carly, monday 9-May-22 13
Dessa
Bachelorette Party Guests....
Dessa, On May 3, 2022 at 01:28

Hey Ladies... I have a question about the guests invited to a Bachelorette party. Our wedding is 50 people and we were brutal on our edits. So I ask... is it rude/wrong/insensitive to invite ladies...

Carine, wednesday 11-May-22 20
C
Songs!
Courtney, On April 28, 2022 at 13:12

Help! What song are you walking down to? Are you and your wedding party, walking down to the same song or do you have a different song for them to walk down to? Also, what song do you have for your...

Derek, saturday 14-May-22 9 1
Kayley
Following up with Guests Rsvps
Kayley, On April 28, 2022 at 17:40

Hi ladies! my RSVP deadline is quickly approaching (May 16/22). I only have a handful of guests who haven't RSVP'd so I have been slowly starting to follow up but my Fiancé got some push back from one...

Pam, monday 2-May-22 14
Jenny
Who gets invited to a Bridal shower?
Jenny, On April 28, 2022 at 02:15

I know I know there’s a bunch of lists out there but I’m having trouble figuring out which family members are supposed to be invited - does close mean like aunts and cousins or does close mean family...

Rayanne, sunday 1-May-22 8
Jenny
Does your wedding budget include your fiancés suit if your parents are paying?
Jenny, On April 26, 2022 at 15:16

Just wondering what everyone else is doing 😊

Vinod, friday 6-May-22 8
Abbie
Thoughts on Knot Theory Rings
Abbie, On April 24, 2022 at 22:02

Anyone have any experience with silicone rings from Knot Theory? From their promo pics they look at lot “cheaper” than the Enso rings. Also, their customer support has been terrible….

Abbie, monday 25-Apr-22 10 1
Samantha
mob Dresses
Samantha, On April 25, 2022 at 12:55

My mom is having a really hard time finding something that she wants to wear! Getting married this June so time is running out! She has been to countless stores and even looked online! Where has...

Sofia, wednesday 4-May-22 9
Jillian
Seating chart
Jillian, On April 25, 2022 at 08:57

Do you put the names of people sitting at your head table on your seating chart? And do you put your vendors on the seating chart too when they have an assigned vendor table?

Danielle, thursday 12-May-22 9
Rebecca O
Cupcake Numbers!
Rebecca O, On April 24, 2022 at 19:10

Hello everyone! We are getting married in May and we will be doing cupcakes instead of cake for our guests! We aren't sure how many order since we don't want a whole lot left over. Friends of ours did...

Rebecca O, monday 25-Apr-22 9 1
Melanie
Family member wearing white
Melanie, On April 24, 2022 at 17:25

I’m kind of stuck right now. My grandma wants to wear a white shirt with a beige cardigan to my wedding. I know traditionally the bride is the only one supposed to be wearing white, but she seems to...

Carine, tuesday 10-May-22 13
Erinn
Candles - Real or Flameless?
Erinn, On April 21, 2022 at 17:10

Hey Ladies! For my centrepieces I am planning to use 3 different sizes of pillar candles in cylinder vases. I was looking on "Yummi Candes" and they have beautiful sets, but the price point after...

Erinn, monday 25-Apr-22 12
Meghan
Bachelorette gifts
Meghan, On April 21, 2022 at 07:48

Is anyone here doing bachelorette gifts on top of day of wedding gifts for their bridesmaids? I’m seeing mixed reviews on if brides should be gifting something on their bachelorette weekend?

Liberty, thursday 21-Apr-22 10
Jacquie
Most *important*
Jacquie, On April 20, 2022 at 19:02

In everyone’s opinion what’s the most important that’s included in the venue price? •Tables/chairs •Accommodations on site•Food (so you don’t have to find outside caterer) Thanks ladies 💁🏼‍♀️

Hank, sunday 24-Apr-22 24
Brooke
Light or Serious Ceremony?
Brooke, On April 19, 2022 at 15:13

Hello fellow Brides! I kind of already have my mind made up about this one, but I was wondering what other brides are doing for their ceremony - keeping it light and humorous, or staying serious and...

Lisa, tuesday 17-May-22 16
Malyssa
Complimentary Engagement Shoot
Malyssa, On April 18, 2022 at 18:03

Hi all and happy Monday! Question for those of you who have a complimentary engagement shoot in your photography package (or those who have done this already)... When did you book your shoot? I know...

Dessa, sunday 24-Apr-22 12
Jenny
Bridal party gifts
Jenny, On April 17, 2022 at 09:51

Hey everyone! I’ve been slowly putting together my bridal party gifts (to give just before the wedding as a thank-you) and I’m trying to figure out what else to put in. So far I’ve got cosmo mix,...

Hailey, monday 18-Apr-22 3 1
Jenny
First dance - before or after food?
Jenny, On April 17, 2022 at 10:12

So I’m working on my wedding timeline and my mom and I are disagreeing on this so I’d love some additional input - I want the first dance before the food (with father/daughter and mother/son dances...

Danielle, friday 13-May-22 23 1
Meghan
Engagement rings during ceremony
Meghan, On April 17, 2022 at 07:48

Okay serious question cause I truly don't know, whats the general rule of thumb? Are you supposed to wear your engagement ring during the ceremony or put it on after? or is it personal preference? TIA...

Pamela, an hour ago 16 1
Kaitlyn
Memoriam Fundraiser Ideas
Kaitlyn, On April 15, 2022 at 19:18

Hello! 🥰 My fiancé, Ryan, and I are getting married on December 16th, 2022! Before I officially announced my engagement, I was being asked what I had wanted for my wedding gift: I was blank, we don’t...

KELLY, tuesday 19-Apr-22 2
S
Photography pricing
Sarah, On April 15, 2022 at 13:51

What is everyone finding in terms of cost for photography? average pricing. Got quoted $1900 and it includes (getting ready, ceremony, photo session, reception but dinner only).

Danielle, thursday 12-May-22 19
S
Who is responsible to planning/ paying for stag & doe
Sarah, On April 14, 2022 at 15:01

Hey there, I was hoping to get some insight as to who is primarily responsible to booking, planning, and being financially responsible for the stage & doe.

Jenn, wednesday 20-Apr-22 5
Liberty
Timeline review!
Liberty, On April 9, 2022 at 12:52

I'm hoping some of you would be willing to review my day of timeline and let me know if I'm missing anything or need to change anything. I did ask my photographer for how long she needs for each set...

Daily, saturday 23-Apr-22 7 2
Melissa
Place cards and seating chart
Melissa, On April 9, 2022 at 16:10

We are trying to figure out where to put our place cards. We would like to do a seating chart so people know what table to go to. My fiancé wants to put place cards on a main table and people would...

Vinod, sunday 10-Apr-22 4
T
Tipping advice for hair/makeup
Tracey, On April 8, 2022 at 17:23

When I get my hair done I always tip. Both the hairstyles and makeup artist are coming to the hotel. The hairstyles is adding a $70 travel fee The makeup artist is adding a travel fee and...

Tracey, sunday 22-May-22 7
Elly
Wedding invitation etiquette for digital card
Elly, On April 7, 2022 at 13:51

Hi everyone, I’m finalizing my guest lists to send digital invitation. I’m not sure how to address family with different last name and children. Based on my understanding, name of children supposed to...

QNQWMWTMmr, sunday 10-Apr-22 5

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics