Carmel
Carmel

Ottawa, Ontario · From July 2019

Happily married 🎉

December 31, 2020

700days 14hrs

Discussions

Leticia
Telling a friend that i don't want to have her daughter as a flower girl anymore. Help!
Leticia, On November 29, 2022 at 16:37

I had asked a friend about 3 months ago if her daughter can be one of my flower girls, I had planned to have three flower girls in total and i really regret not asking my sister if her youngest...

Carmel, yesterday at 13:43 9
Katie
Baking your own cake
Katie, On November 12, 2022 at 19:34

Anyone who knows me knows I love to bake. Wedding cakes are expensive and my partner and I just want a single tier to eat together. Our guests will have a different dessert. Has anyone baked their own...

Joy, friday 25-Nov-22 4 1
Samantha
Marriage certificate
Samantha, On November 10, 2022 at 14:16

A question to all my happily married brides ! How long after the wedding did you wait to apply for your marriage certificate ? Iv heard 3 weeks , someone told me 10-12 . Just wondering how long people...

Vinod, sunday 13-Nov-22 4
Adriana
Facility fee ... gratuity
Adriana, On November 10, 2022 at 13:30

Hi all I'm just trying to figure out if I need to budget for a gratuity or not since my venue is charging a 17% facility fee. Is this just another name for gratuity in the wedding world?? TIA

Linda, tuesday 22-Nov-22 5 1
Samantha
Didnt Tip the officiant
Samantha, On November 8, 2022 at 13:35

So I'm a little torn on this, I got married 10/22/2022 and had every intention of tipping the officiant, had the envelope with all the other vendors tips... until he pronounced us Mr. and Mrs. and...

KELLY, wednesday 9-Nov-22 7
L
Invitations
Lisa, On November 7, 2022 at 22:35

Hi everyone I’m new here may I ask how everyone got their guest address to mail out invites? And did you include the wedding website to rsvp on the invites?

KELLY, thursday 24-Nov-22 8
Kristyn
Wedding favours
Kristyn, On October 29, 2022 at 18:24

Just wondering if people still do wedding favours and what you have or plan on doing? I’m conflicted about it, I feel like that money could be spent elsewhere. Is it a thing of the past?!?!

Julie, wednesday 30-Nov-22 35 1
Melissa
Dusk/evening weddings??
Melissa, On October 29, 2022 at 02:25

My fiance and I are planning on doing an evening wedding in October of 2023! The idea of an entire day of wedding made me feel so overwhelmed. The thought of getting up super early to get ready for a...

Melissa, tuesday 1-Nov-22 11 1
Alyx
Waiting on wedding photos… 😪
Alyx, On October 23, 2022 at 02:07

When did you get your photos back from your photographer? My photographer is inexperienced only has done a few weddings, but we got a good deal on his wedding package. My wedding was September 30. He...

Hank, monday 24-Oct-22 11
Jillian
Website for Quality Thank You Cards
Jillian, On October 18, 2022 at 10:26

Any recommendations on where to order thank you cards that are good quality and not a grainy photo? Thanks!

MaeganthoroON, friday 4-Nov-22 7
A
Zno.com or Black’s for wedding album?
Alissa, On October 16, 2022 at 17:11

I was going to print our wedding photo album at Black’s, because I always assumed they were the best and that’s where I got my photo guest book printed, but I am now hearing about about ZNO.com. Does...

Vinod, thursday 3-Nov-22 3
Dani
Winter Wedding Opinions !
Dani, On October 12, 2022 at 19:15

Did any of you have a wedding in December? If so, what are your takeaways? How did the weather affect you? We are considering changing our date to have a Christmas themed wedding and I am not sure how...

Carmel, thursday 13-Oct-22 2 1
Amanda
Keeping warm for outdoor photos in Novemeber
Amanda, On October 11, 2022 at 09:00

Looking for ideas, I'm stubborn (I can admit it lol) and very much want outdoor photos for our wedding next month... I was silly and for the last year have been saying that I'll just "tough it out"...

Hank, wednesday 12-Oct-22 9
Alyx
Name changing on passport??
Alyx, On October 7, 2022 at 15:07

I’ve tried calling service Canada and they have no idea and I called service BC and they have no idea… does anyone know if there’s a time period on changing your passport and license? We goto Jamaica...

Tess, thursday 13-Oct-22 7
Julie
Unplugged Ceremony- yay or nay?
Julie, On October 9, 2022 at 13:46

What's the etiquette on photos during ceremony? Are you/did you ask your guests for an unplugged ceremony? Or do/did you prefer the guests take pictures?

Max Burns, saturday 26-Nov-22 20 2
Jenny
How do you wear your rings?
Jenny, On October 5, 2022 at 17:10

I’ve been wearing my rings with my wedding band on top of my engagement ring (so engagement ring closest to my hand, wedding band closest to my knuckle). My mom says that’s not how they’re supposed to...

Joy, friday 25-Nov-22 10 1
Marsha
Thank you cards
Marsha, On October 4, 2022 at 11:31

Hey ladies. I wonder what majority are doing. I read on Google that it's best to handwrite your thank you cards. Typed thank you cards can come across impersonal. How many of you will be doing typed...

Belle, thursday 17-Nov-22 21
C
Timeline Advice
Chantal, On October 3, 2022 at 12:17

Hello! We are getting married in August 2023 and I am trying to come up with a rough timeline for the day. The ceremony and reception are at the same venue and pictures will be able to take place at...

Vinod, thursday 10-Nov-22 7
Paige
Gifts requested at Bridal Shower
Paige, On September 24, 2022 at 08:31

So my fiancé and I have been together for 11 years, we have 2 kids together and have lived in 2 houses. The house we live in now is our forever home and we have all of the typical “bridal shower...

KELLY, thursday 29-Sep-22 6
Alyx
Married in 9 days!!!
Alyx, On September 21, 2022 at 00:08

I get married in nine days!!! 😳 I’m feeling alll the emotions lol. Also I can’t sleep anymore.. I just stay up thinking what needs to be done next 😬 I’m not unorganized, I’m on top of everything but I...

Brittney, sunday 25-Sep-22 10
Kelsey
Photo Locations in Ancaster!
Kelsey, On September 11, 2022 at 12:44

Hi everyone! I’m getting married at the Ancaster Mill next year but my ceremony isn’t until 7:30 pm and I can’t change it 😞 by the time the ceremony is over it’ll be pretty dark so I would love some...

Hank, monday 12-Sep-22 4
Heather
Bridal party gifts
Heather, On September 8, 2022 at 19:01

Hello everyone, Help please! My wedding in in 18 days and I have no idea what to get my wedding party for gifts. I only have a a MOH, BM, and FG. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GeraldWerlyUD, wednesday 21-Sep-22 10 1
Tiffany
Bathroom Baskets
Tiffany, On August 31, 2022 at 11:48

Hello beautiful people!!! Just wondering if anyone did bathroom baskets and what you put in them? I am debating wether it is worth doing....I am on the fence. I know when I have attended weddings...

Teresa, wednesday 7-Sep-22 19 2
Vanessa
Washroom - Fit and Flare Dress
Vanessa, On August 30, 2022 at 16:20

Any ladies have tips for using the washroom with a fit and flare gown? I was told it might be easier to just take the dress off each time? Thanks!

Vanessa, tuesday 6-Sep-22 12 1
C
Speeches for bride and groom
Cc, On August 30, 2022 at 14:31

I'm a few days out from my wedding! How does the bride and groom do there speech is it just a thank to the family,,friends, wedding party etc?

Carine, tuesday 6-Sep-22 7
Lisa
Hotel Block Booking Timeline
Lisa, On August 30, 2022 at 11:12

Hey all! We're getting married June 2023 at a hotel venue, and 50%+ of the guest list will be coming from out of town. I have already spoken to our venue coordinator about booking a hotel block, but...

Carine, tuesday 6-Sep-22 11
Brittany
Let’s Talk Cakes!!
Brittany, On August 29, 2022 at 11:40

So my fiancé and I just came back from a weekend in Canmore/Banff to check out our wedding locations, try the food from the restaurant we booked for our reception and did a cake tasting! The cake was...

Vinod, saturday 3-Sep-22 7
Meghan
Cake Flavours
Meghan, On August 29, 2022 at 11:03

Hey all, what are or did you choose for cake flavours! I just got sent a list of flavours to choose from and I just can’t decide. All I know is that I don’t want chocolate haha! Here’s a list I...

Carine, tuesday 6-Sep-22 13
C
Choosing a wedding date!
Chastity, On August 28, 2022 at 18:42

Hey! I need some help choosing a date! The venue we chose has all of 2024 available however we originally wanted October 19th. We realized being late in the season where we live comes with risk for an...

Carine, tuesday 6-Sep-22 4
K
Professional Photos!
K1327, On August 24, 2022 at 09:58

Brides now wives! Curious...how long did your photos take to come in? Our contract says 90 days but it also states it will most likely not take this long and is just an absolute maximum. It will be 2...

K1327, thursday 3-Nov-22 7
N
Bridal getting ready space?
Nikki, On August 22, 2022 at 18:14

Hello, Wondering what kind of spaces people are booking to get ready for venues that don't have a bridal suite?

Vinod, friday 26-Aug-22 7
Cacharel
Vendor Meals
Cacharel, On August 18, 2022 at 16:04

I saw a post on Instagram about feeding the vendors you hire. I guess it makes sense as they’ll be working long hours but i didnt take account it when doing our food budget. Are you feeding your...

Vinod, monday 22-Aug-22 12

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics