Skip to main content
Kate
Kate

Toronto, Ontario · From March 2020

Celebrated a special love with my guy with those closest to us in August 2022. Love to plan events and talk anything wedding related : )

Happily married 🎉

August 13, 2022

594days 1hrs

Discussions

Kate
Adults only or bring on the kids?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On March 26, 2024 at 13:45

Hey all, When taking into consideration your wedding day and the vibe and location, what are your thoughts on inviting kiddos? Do you picture a kid-free wedding, or are you welcoming of the little...

Kate, tuesday 26-Mar-24 6
Kate
House Projects/purchases for home as a married couple!
Kate of Living together, On August 29, 2023 at 08:06

For anyone who is married, what has been your first project together as a married couple or first big purchase together for your home as a married couple? My husband and I have been living together...

Amanda, tuesday 26-Mar-24 1 24
Kate
What month are you getting married?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On August 21, 2023 at 09:22

I've checked out a few different websites and according to the data, September and October seem to be the most popular months (in Canada)to have a wedding! I was kind of surprised it was not right in...

Amanda, saturday 23-Mar-24 113 1,030
Kate
The night before the big day!
Kate of Before the wedding, On May 6, 2023 at 07:47

Brides/Grooms/Wives/Hisbands, Curious to know, was it important for you to spend the night before separately and see each fresh at the wedding? Or did you keep it non traditional and stay together the...

Melissa, tuesday 30-Jan-24 20 201
Kate
Engagement : How long is too long?
Kate of Before the wedding, On January 23, 2023 at 22:11

Brides/wives/grooms/husbands! How long was your engagement? Do you prefer a longer engagement (more time to plan!) Or shorter - let's get to it! I know Covid probably impacted a lot of the engagements...

Irene, tuesday 23-Jan-24 24 179
Kate
Last name change or no?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On October 4, 2023 at 10:44

Hello community, Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts on taking your partners last name when officially married. Are you keeping your last name? or changing to theirs? are you marrying the two...

Mariela, tuesday 23-Jan-24 15 136
Kate
Holiday Family Gatherings
Kate of WeddingWire, On December 13, 2023 at 08:19

Hello community, Happy Holidays! Now that you and your partner are married or even if engaged still, how are you spending your time over the holidays? Do you choose one date for one side of the family...

Leandra, thursday 4-Jan-24 3 27
Kate
What is your ring cut?
Kate of Wedding fashion, On September 25, 2023 at 15:43

For this weeks Wedding Fashion topic, let's talk rings, more specially the cut of your beautiful ring! The round diamond seems to be the most popular cut for a ring with the Marquis and Asscher cut...

Willow, tuesday 2-Jan-24 15 105
Kate
Wedding Make up!
Kate of Beauty, On November 30, 2023 at 10:06

Brides and wives! Let's talk make up for the special day Did you have your make up professionally done? What vision/words did you use to describe your make up look? Did it turn out how you wanted? I...

Julie, wednesday 13-Dec-23 5 62
Kate
Let's talk flowers/greenery cost
Kate of Plan a wedding, On October 10, 2023 at 10:56

Hello community! When it came to flowers and/or greenery décor related items, how much did you budget for this vs. how much did you end up spending? were the prices surprising to you or did you...

Kate, wednesday 11-Oct-23 6 99
Kate
Bridal Dress...what to do with it after?
Kate of Wedding fashion, On June 14, 2023 at 13:43

Hello brides and wives! When it comes to your dress, what are your plans to do with it after you wear it? Do you plan to store and just keep? wear again? trash the night of? cut pieces of it and make...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 21 143
Kate
Your wedding planning tribe!
Kate of Plan a wedding, On September 12, 2023 at 13:17

Hello all Wedding planning can be all the emotions - fun, exciting, stressful, disappointing, etc., etc. That being said, who have you trusted to help you plan this important day? Has it become a lot...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 11 82
Kate
What time of day are you saying I do at ?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On July 19, 2023 at 10:09

Hello all I've read the most common ceremony time is from 1pm-3pm. Curious to know what time are y'all getting married? morning? afternoon? late afternoon? evening? We had our small celebration...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 65 499
Kate
Special Requests for guests
Kate of Plan a wedding, On January 19, 2023 at 10:35

Hello all Not sure how much conversation this will spark but did any of you have any special requests from your guests for your big day? I don't know if this is considered that different but I had put...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 25 166
Kate
Let's talk linens, chairs, and tables !
Kate of Plan a wedding, On July 31, 2023 at 15:48

Hello all When it comes to tables, what are you thinking? are you thinking all round, rectangle, or a bit of both? Let's hear all about your seating arrangement! How about linens? are you going with...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 12 74 1
Kate
Reception Song Playlist!
Kate of Wedding reception, On August 14, 2023 at 23:31

Let's talk reception playlist. How did you come up with your song choices? Was there a certain genre you played more of? Any songs you wanted to stay away from? Although we did hire a band, my husband...

Matilda, thursday 28-Sep-23 5 49
Kate
Let's talk hair!
Kate of Beauty, On September 21, 2023 at 08:52

Ladies, How did you decide on your wedding day hairstyle? Is it a style you do often so you were confident it would look great? Do you usually wear it up and you then decided to wear it down to try...

Julie, tuesday 26-Sep-23 9 91
Kate
Did you have any declines to your wedding?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On June 19, 2023 at 14:49

Hello all : ) Let's talk numbers! It's obviously a huge help to know what you are looking at for confirmed guests for planning purposes. That being said, curious to know, out of your total number of...

Kate, wednesday 21-Jun-23 20 127
Kate
What compromise have you/are you willing to make for your big day?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On June 1, 2023 at 08:29

Hi all We all know life is full of compromises and sometimes to have things work out this is just what is needed however, when it comes to your special day, does it get a free pass or do you/did you...

Kate, monday 5-Jun-23 7 75
Kate
Chrome but soft wedding nails!
Kate of Beauty, On May 14, 2023 at 17:38

Hi all Treated myself to a muted pink chrome manicure today. Thought I would share because the look screams bridal to me and had I known of this last August for my wedding, I so would have done it....

Carine, monday 15-May-23 3 47
Kate
Wedding Planning/after hosting your own wedding - what have you learned ?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On April 26, 2023 at 09:07

Hello all ! Thought I would spark up a discussion regarding appreciation and things you have learned throughout the wedding planning process. Sometimes it takes putting ourselves in someone else's...

Kate, saturday 29-Apr-23 8 84
Kate
Helpful list of some common regrets from a brides point of view
Kate of Plan a wedding, On April 19, 2023 at 21:36

Hi all, I found some of these points online and I thought it would be helpful to share in case you are having any of these concerns, you are not alone , also stuff to be extra mindful of (For me, #2...

Julie, friday 21-Apr-23 7 103
Kate
Wedding Attire. Cool or not cool?
Kate of Wedding fashion, On March 16, 2023 at 19:15

Hi community! Opinions because you all are so helpful. I have a wedding to attend in May, my husbands best friend is getting married. Is this dress too much to wear to attend as a guest? I absolutely...

Kate, saturday 25-Mar-23 11 121
Kate
Engagement Ring : complete surprise or previously picked out?
Kate of Before the wedding, On November 29, 2022 at 13:23

Hello all! Let's talk rings! I feel like it is becoming more and more common to pick out your own ring and have your sweetheart go pick up or drop lots of hints as to what you love! So my question is...

I'm, friday 17-Mar-23 29 186
Kate
What has been your favourite part of planning? What has been your least favourite?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On March 3, 2023 at 09:06

Hi Brides/Wives/Fiancés/Husbands! Aside from marrying your special person at the end of all of this....what has been/was your favourite part of the planning process? and what part/detail did you not...

Kate, wednesday 15-Mar-23 13 92
Kate
"Courthouse Wedding Chic" lol :)
Kate of Wedding fashion, On February 24, 2023 at 10:47

Hey Community, Looking for your fashion feedback. My partner and I had our lovely celebration back in August with friends and family but now he is wanting to plan a day and make it legal at city hall....

Kate, monday 27-Feb-23 8 85
Kate
2023 Brides!
Kate of Plan a wedding, On January 1, 2023 at 15:46

Hello soon-to-be-wives! How does it feel to say " This year I am getting married!!" PS: time will now probably fly by so dang quickly but that also makes it exciting! Any big items on your list you...

Natasha, sunday 19-Feb-23 97 1,006
Kate
In honour of Valentines Day!
Kate of Before the wedding, On February 13, 2023 at 12:18

Hello wonderful community In honor of tomorrow being all about love - I thought I would strike up the love at first sight conversation Be real, did it take you a minute to know your partner was the...

Carine, tuesday 14-Feb-23 10 63
Kate
What kind of planner are/were you ?
Kate of Plan a wedding, On February 7, 2023 at 13:59

Hello all! For those that are currently planning and those that are happily married, how much planning did you do yourself? Are you all about making the decisions and love to plan or are you more...

Brittany, friday 10-Feb-23 17 128
Kate
Bridal Party dress debate!
Kate of Plan a wedding, On January 16, 2023 at 19:05

Hello beautiful people, Came across this article and thought I'd share : https://www.narcity.com/a-bride-let-her-friends-pick-dresses-for-the-wedding-its-a-love-or-hate-debate-on-tiktok So question is...

Lisa, wednesday 25-Jan-23 15 131
Kate
Let's talk $$$
Kate of Plan a wedding, On January 4, 2023 at 11:07

My least favourite topic when I was wedding planning!!! lol So! Numbers are important and I think it is totally responsible to keep within a budget and set limits that being said...how many of you...

Naorina, sunday 22-Jan-23 12 162
Kate
Venue or "vision" first??
Kate of Plan a wedding, On January 6, 2023 at 13:34

Those currently planning and those that are happily married, did you fall in love with a venue first and then came your theme/vision/colours, etc. or did you have a vision in mind firstly and base...

Hank, thursday 12-Jan-23 7 77

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics